The lion monument is an extremely realistic sculpture of a lion cut into a huge rock in 1820 by Lukas Ahorn and Bertel Thorvaldsen, in memory of the 800 Swiss guard soldiers who died in 1792 in the French Revolution.
One of the main squares in the city is Weinmarkt, with several historical houses with painted facades and a Gothic fountain in the center, Weinmarktbrunnen. But this is a replica, as the original is in the courtyard of the Ritterscher Palast, in another street.
The Chapel Bridge is the trademark of this beautiful Swiss city. All in wood, with a length of more than 200 meters, was built in 1333 but suffered a serious fire that damaged many of its paintings.